Saving energy is not only beneficial for the environment but for your pocket as well. You can begin saving some energy and money right at your home with these energy saving tips, which helps in improving the energy efficiency and comfort of your home as summer arrives:
- Service your air conditioner. If you maintain your air conditioner, and routinely replace or clean air filters then you can lower the cooling system’s energy consumption by up to 15 percent.
- Open windows. You may open your windows and create a cross-wise breeze, which will allow you to naturally cool your home.
- Install window treatments. Energy efficient window treatments or coverings such as blinds, shades, and films can cool your house and reduce energy costs at the same time.
- Use natural light. During daytime, you can use the natural light to brighten your home rather than artificial lights.
- Seal ducts. Air loss through ducts accounts for nearly 30 percent of a cooling system’s energy consumption. It can lead to high electricity costs. Sealing and insulating ducts can help in lowering the electricity bills.
Apart from these, you can always install solar panels and save a lot. When you generate your own energy with a rooftop PV system, you’re taking control of energy costs so that you are no longer victim to variable utility rates. The only costs associated with a solar power system will be the cost of your installation and any added electricity costs in the event that your panels do not completely offset. Solar panels will work efficiently for 25 years and more. It does not need much of maintenance and is a renewable source of energy, which means that it is beneficial both for the environment and your pocket.