A 500-watt solar panel is an extremely high-wattage option, providing considerable power output for a single solar panel. 350 W to 400 W is the average choice for residential use, whereas a 500 W panel is used to meet the high energy demands of housing societies and commercial buildings.
Are you looking for the cheapest solar panel price in India for 500 W or lower wattage options? With 500-watt solar panels, the higher power output allows you to install fewer to meet your energy needs. It is worth noting that the solar industry today has many solar panel manufacturers who are offering high-capacity panels for a competitive per-panel cost.
Benefits of 500-Watt Solar Panel
Solar technology has become more powerful, as evidenced by the emergence of 500-watt solar panels. The 500-watt solar panel is a great choice for those using renewable energy. It has numerous advantages, including but not limited to the following:
- More Energy Yielding: Although the initial solar panel price (500 watts) is a little higher, investing in solar panels is worthwhile as they generate substantial energy output. Solar batteries can hold ample power reserves to avoid outages and even live an energy-independent life by going off the grid. The 500-watt solar panel with battery price in India is worth considering if you want to ensure a 24/7 power supply.
- Suitable For All Systems: The 500-watt solar panels allow medium- and large-sized solar panel systems to operate effectively and optimally with fewer panels.
- High-End Durability: A 500-watt solar panel is manufactured for sturdy performance and carries a warranty of up to 25 years. This makes it an intelligent financial decision for those trying to secure a low energy cost and reduce their carbon footprint.
- Eco-Friendly System: Photovoltaic solar energy is generated from the abundantly available sunlight. As more and more consumers turn to this clean and renewable power source, this will help reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and mitigate climate change. The solar energy generation process doesn’t emit toxins or pollutants that can harm the environment.
- Minimal Maintenance: Although the upfront 500-watt solar panel price is a marginally high the solar panels’ maintenance cost and requirements are certainly less than smaller capacity panels. Clearing your solar panels of any dust and debris is required twice every month to ensure optimal absorption of sun rays. Also have your solar system inspected and tuned up routinely as recommended by your installer.
Working of a 500-Watt Solar Panel
A 500-watt solar panel works by converting sunlight into electricity that can be used to power homes and other buildings. The solar panel contains several solar cells made of silicon that generate electric current when exposed to sunlight.
This electrical current then flows through the wires in the solar panel and passes through a solar inverter before being consumed by the appliances. The inverter is a solar component that converts the DC electrical current received from the solar panel into AC electricity used in your home.
The amount of electricity a 500-watt solar panel can produce depends on how much sunlight it receives. On a bright sunny day, the panel can produce electricity to its maximum potential, while the generational efficiency declines on cloudy days.
500-Watt Solar Panel Price and Specification
The price of a 500-watt solar panel can vary widely depending on various factors such as the brand, quality, and efficiency of the panel. It is important to note that the cost of a solar panel is just one aspect of the overall cost of a solar panel system.
Other factors include the cost of installation, which can vary depending on the complexity of the installation and the cost of labour in your area. Additionally, you may need to purchase other components, such as batteries and inverters, which can also add to the overall cost of the system.
When considering the 500-watt (24 volts) solar panel price in India, it is also important to consider the potential savings over time. While the upfront cost of a solar panel system can be significant, it can pay for itself through savings on your monthly energy bills, usually within 6-8 years.
Solar panels add to your property value, making it a worthwhile investment in the long run.
|500-Watt Panel Type||Solar Panel Price (500-Watt)|
|Monocrystalline panels||Rs. 13,500 to Rs. 16,500|
|Polycrystalline panels||Rs. 12,500to Rs. 14,025|
|Bifacial panels||Starts from Rs. 18,000|
**The actual 500-watt 24-volt solar panel price in India varies by 10% to 12% based on the location, number of panels needed, manufacturer, and other installation requirements.
The solar 500-watt price is determined by the type of solar panel and the manufacturer you choose. Many manufacturers cover defects and issues affecting the panel’s promised output levels. In that case, the solar component can be replaced or repaired within the specified warranty period, usually between two to five years for manufacturing defects and 10 to 15 years for output performance issues.
The technical specifications of a 500-watt solar panel are as mentioned:
|Power output||Up to 500 watts|
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||57.06V|
|Dimensions||6.41 feet in length and 4.20 feet in width|
|Weight||61.72 lbs (28 kg)|
|Efficiency||19% – 20%|
|Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp)||48V|
|Warranty||20-25 years (depending on the brand)|
Requirement of a 500-Watt Solar Panel to Fulfil Power Needs
To determine if a 500-watt solar panel suits your power needs, evaluate your electricity consumption, geographic location, and weather conditions. Considering the amount of sunlight you receive in your area, installing solar panels in a place that gets the most direct sunlight is important.
Here is a brief list of the number of 500-watt solar panels you would need to achieve different energy generation requirements:
|Solar system capacity||Estimated Energy Output
|No. of 500-watt solar panels needed|
|1 kW||120 units||2|
|2 kW||240 units||4|
|3 kW||360 units||6|
|5 kW||600 units||10|
|7.5 kW||900 units||15|
|10 kW||1200 units||20|
Applications of a 500-Watt Solar Panel
Installing higher-wattage solar panels can provide a wide range of benefits, particularly when combined with a solar inverter, charge controller, and battery for energy storage. It is a great choice if you have good roof space. These powerful panels can help you come closer to meeting your electricity needs solely with your solar system. Also, a 500-watt solar panel can charge your solar batteries faster than other alternatives.
- Ground Mount Systems: A ground-based solar power system is a set of 500-watt solar panels installed on the ground using an innovative, aesthetically-impressive module mounting structure. When placed in an ideal location with no shade or obstruction, these panels promise maximum energy generation during peak sun hours. Furthermore, ground-mounted systems are easier to maintain since they don’t require climbing onto a roof to access them.
- Utility-Scale Solar Farms: Solar farms are large-scale installations of photovoltaic panels for collecting high amounts of energy from the sun. Solar farms take advantage of the reduced cost of bulk purchasing, reducing the per-unit cost of 500-watt solar panels and other solar equipment.
- Commercial Sector: The use of solar power in commercial and industrial settings, such as factories, businesses, and other large-scale operations, is gaining momentum. 500-wattage panels are suitable for businesses, government organisations, and non-profit institutions.
- High-Power Chargers: 500-watt solar panels can be used as high-powered chargers to charge generators. Additionally, they can be used to supply power to LED lights, laptops, machinery, and other electrical systems.
- General Home-Based Usage: You can use a 500-watt solar panel to supply energy to larger appliances, like air conditioners, water heaters, refrigerators, and lighting systems.
Subsidy for a 500-Watt Solar Panel
The Government of India encourages residential consumers to switch to solar energy by offering a uniform subsidy scheme. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has set up a subsidy program to encourage residential customers to install grid-connected solar systems.
This program can dramatically reduce the cost of a 500-watt solar panel 24-volt in India. Eligible individuals can apply for the subsidy via the National Portal for Rooftop Solar. These are the fixed subsidy rates for different system capacities installed anywhere in India.
|Rooftop Solar System Capacity||Applicable Subsidy (₹)|
|Up to 3kW||14,588/kW|
|Above 3kW and up to 10kW||7,294/kW*|
|Note: *₹14,588/kW for the first 3 kW and ₹7,294/kW for the rest of the capacity up to 10kW.
**The subsidy amount is fixed for rooftop solar systems above 10kW capacity.
Can an off-grid system be designed using 500-watt solar panels?
An off-grid system is not connected to the electricity grid, meaning it must store energy in batteries. This kind of system requires careful planning and design to ensure that it generates enough energy to meet the household’s needs, even in winter when there is less sunlight. However, this type of solar system involves a higher initial investment than an on-grid system.
Is one 500-watt solar panel enough to power a 1kW solar system setup?
No. The exact number of panels that you need depends on the type and brand of the panels you select. On average, two 500-watt solar panels are required to create a 1kW solar system.
Can a 500-watt solar panel be used to power a water pump?
A 500-watt solar panel can power a small water pump, but more is needed to power a large or deep well pump. The size and type of pump that a 500-watt solar panel can power depends on the wattage and efficiency of the pump.
Would installing 500-watt solar panels at home be a beneficial investment?
Yes, 500-watt PV panels have become increasingly popular for residential installations in recent years, just as they have been for industrial and commercial applications. You can design high-capacity solar systems using a few solar panels with a 500-wattage rating.
How long will a 500-watt solar panel last?
A well-maintained 500-watt solar panel can last up to 30 years or above. However, the panel’s lifespan can be affected by factors such as exposure to high temperatures, physical damage, and poor maintenance.