A 350-watt solar panel uses sunlight to produce electricity. It can be installed in homes and businesses to provide a renewable power source. One of the benefits of using a 350-watt solar panel is that it allows you to generate zero-cost electricity on-site to power your home and save money on electricity bills.
Solar panels are easy to maintain and do not require a lot of cleaning. They are a good investment for anyone looking to reduce their carbon footprint and use sustainable energy sources. Whether you run a housing society or are a homeowner, switching to a 350 w solar panel is a smart, sustainable, and profitable move. Here is all you need to know about solar panel 350-watt price, benefits, and solar subsidies offered by the government of India.
Benefits of 350-Watt Solar Panel
A 350w solar panel provides a good option for people looking for effective and cheap electricity generation for domestic use. The following are some benefits this solar panel offers:
- Suitable for the Environment: Because solar energy is a clean, renewable energy source, a 350-watt solar panel can help a home or company lessen its carbon impact. By switching to solar electricity, you can contribute to a healthy environment and reduce your reliance on non-renewable energy sources.
- Excellent Pricing: Putting in a 350-watt solar panel may be an excellent financial decision in the long run. The initial installation cost can be high, but the money you save on energy expenditures will soon make up for it, giving incredible returns on the investment for over 25 years.
- Easy to Maintain: It takes very little maintenance to keep your solar panels working at their peak performance level. With prescribed maintenance and professional tune-ups, solar panels can give considerable energy output during their warrantied lifespan of 25 years. Low maintenance requirements make 350 w solar panels a hassle-free option for producing clean electricity.
- Versatility: The 350-watt solar panel applications include distant areas and residential and business settings. They can also power boats and other leisure vehicles.
- Availability of energy: Households can utilise a 350-watt solar panel (12 volts)o reduce their reliance on conventional energy sources and have more control over their energy usage. It may lessen the impact of power interruptions and changes in energy prices.
- Longevity: A 350-watt solar panel is a robust option for producing electricity because it is made to last and can survive adverse weather conditions. It can deliver consistent electricity during peak sun hours on most days for a lifespan of approximately 25 years or even beyond.
- Visually Appealing: Solar panels come in style designs and mounting options to complement the contemporary architecture. Whether it’s a home or a commercial building, advanced installation options can make solar panels an aesthetically pleasing addition to any type and style of building.
Working of A 350-Watt Solar Panel
A 350-watt solar panel captures sunlight and converts it into electricity. This is done through a series of solar cells stringed together and arranged on the panel’s surface. When sunlight hits these cells, it creates an electrical charge. The cells then send this electrical charge to an inverter, which converts the charge into usable electricity. This solar energy moves through a solar inverter to power your electrical appliances, electronics, and lights.
The effectiveness of a solar panel is affected by several variables, including temperature, sunlight availability, and the calibre of the solar cells. The 350-watt solar panel is a dependable energy source because it can provide a significant amount of electricity in various weather conditions.
350-Watt Solar Panel Price & Specification
A 350-watt panel comes in various designs and price points on the Indian market.
- In India, solar panels made of polycrystalline technology are the most cost-effective option. These silicon-based panels are less efficient than other kinds of panels and have a low solar panel 350-watt price.
- Solar panels made of monocrystalline materials are more efficient than polycrystalline ones. The 350-watt mono solar panel price in India is slightly higher than other models.
- The capacity of bifacial solar panels to produce electricity from both sides of the panel makes them more effective in generating power.
- Although thin-film solar panels are portable and flexible, they are less efficient than others. The 350-watt solar panel price of these panels is more than others.
- The high efficiency rating of PERC (Passivated Emitter Rear Cell) solar panels make them popular for residential use.
Look at a few standard models and the 350-w solar panel price in India:
|Type of 350-Watt Solar Panel
|solar panel (350-watt) price
|INR 10500- INR 11500
|INR 10000- INR 11000
|INR 14,500 – INR 15,500
**Depending on the manufacturer, the expense of installation, and the location, the 350w solar panel price can change in India. Before making a purchase, researching and comparing prices is always a good rule of thumb.
The technical 350-watt solar panel specifications are shown in the following table:
|Up to 350 watts
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)
|Folded: 905 x 613 x 65 mm
Unfolded: 905 x 2400 x 23 mm
|17% – 22%
|Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp)
|15 to 25 years (depending on the brand)
Disadvantages of 350-Watt Solar Panel
The use of a 350-watt solar panel may have some of the following drawbacks:
- Original Price: Some homeowners might be discouraged by the high upfront cost of installing a solar panel system. Purchasing the different solar components also involves considerable financial commitment.
- Dependency on Weather: Because solar panels depend on sunshine to produce power, the weather can impact their day-to-day energy output. The panels may produce less electricity on gloomy or overcast days than on sunny days.
- Space Requirements: Depending on your module mounting structure, setting up solar panels requires considerable area, especially for larger panels like the 350 w solar panel. Space constraint is an important consideration for smaller homes or apartments that can influence your decision.
Requirement of a 350-Watt Solar Panel to Fulfil Power Needs
The number of 350-watt solar panels required to match your electricity demand varies depending on several variables, including the home or business’s energy consumption, location, and the panel’s efficiency.
The approximate number of 350w solar panels required for various levels of energy use is shown in the following table:
|Solar system capacity
|Energy unit generation
|No. of 350-watt solar panels needed
It’s crucial to remember that these estimations are based on ideal circumstances and may change depending on the location, the weather, and other elements.
Applications of a 350-Watt Solar Panel
From home to industrial settings, you can use a 350-watt solar panel in a variety of applications. These include:
- Roofs: A 350 w solar panel can produce electricity for the house if placed on the roof. This will cause less reliance on fossil fuels and lower energy costs.
- Application in agriculture: Solar panels can help farmers power irrigation systems, lighting, and other equipment.
- Rural areas: In areas with limited electricity, 350w solar panels can be of great use. They can be used to power agriculture equipment. It also covers uses like cabins, recreational vehicles, and boats.
- Industrial and commercial settings: Commercial and industrial structures, such as offices, warehouses, and factories, can use solar panels to generate electricity for their machinery.
- Public areas: Solar energy can power public areas like playgrounds and parks, powering lights and electrical outlets for technological devices.
Subsidy for a 350-Watt Solar Panel
Under the Grid-Linked Rooftop Solar Program, India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) offers subsidies for rooftop solar installations. The installed solar system’s capacity determines the size of the subsidy offered to consumers at the National Portal for Rooftop Solar.
The applicable subsidy for a 350-watt solar panel in India is shown in the following table:
|Rooftop Solar System Capacity
|Applicable Subsidy (₹)
|Up to 3kW
|Above 3kW and up to 10kW
|Note: *₹14,588/kW for the first 3 kW and ₹7,294/kW for the rest of the capacity up to 10kW.
**The subsidy amount is fixed for rooftop solar systems above 10kW capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions About 350-watt Solar Panel
What is the 350w solar panel price in India?
India’s 350 w solar panel price can range from INR 10,500 to INR 14,500. The final price depends on the solar panel brand and product specifications.
What is the average lifespan of a 350-watt solar panel?
A 350-watt solar panel‘s lifespan can vary based on several variables, including the panel’s quality, climate, and maintenance. A well-made 350 w solar panel may last 25 to 30 years or longer. Solar power experts advise timely maintenance and inspection to guarantee the panels’ optimum performance and longevity.
How many 350-watt solar panels are needed to power an average-sized household?
Three 350-watt solar panels can completely power a small home, depending on the household’s energy usage. Generally, 9–14 solar panels are needed to provide enough energy to meet the needs of an average energy-consuming dwelling. However, the required solar panels might vary based on location, climate, and house size.
Can a 350-watt solar panel function on overcast days?
A 350-watt solar panel can still produce some electricity on gloomy or overcast days, although it will perform best in direct sunshine.
How much electricity can a 350-watt solar panel produce each day?
The quantity of electricity a 350 w solar panel can produce daily depends on the location, environment, and season. Generally, a solar panel of 350 watts can provide 2100 watts of electricity a day or 6.3 kilowatts a month.