Solar energy has become a popular alternative to traditional energy sources for housing societies, institutions, and small to medium businesses. Installing a solar system can provide you with a sustainable source of power. It also reduces your dependence on the traditional grid and helps lower your monthly energy bills.
Consider the 30kW solar system’s benefits, components, installation process, and costs. If you want to reduce your carbon footprint as a homeowner, this solar system will be your best friend.
The Working of 30kW Solar Panel System
A 30kW solar system comprises solar panels, an inverter, a battery storage system (optional), and the balance of the system. The solar panels convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity, which is then fed into the inverter. The inverter converts the DC electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity that is used to power your home/business.
It is beneficial to connect your 30kW solar system to the electrical grid. Under the net metering mechanism, you can sell excess electricity back to the grid when the on-site panels generate more power than you use. This also contributes to the overall health of the grid by reducing its dependence on non-renewable sources.
Benefits of 30kW Solar Panel System
- Reduces energy bills: Solar panels start generating low-cost electricity as soon as the sunlight hits the surface. Your solar energy output should be able to meet a major part of your total energy demand. This lowers your monthly grid energy imports, reducing your electricity bills.
- Increases energy independence: A 30kW solar system serves as a sustainable power source, which is reliable and inexhaustible as sunshine is promised to you. Using your on-site energy source reduces your dependence on the government grid and helps your home or business become self-sufficient.
- Environmentally friendly: Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source. A 30kW solar system can help to reduce your carbon footprint, minimizing the adverse impact on the environment caused by conventional energy sources.
- Low maintenance: Solar systems require very little maintenance, and a 30kW solar system is no exception. Regular cleaning and occasional inverter replacements are all required to keep the system running smoothly.
30kW Solar System Price List & Specification
A 30kW solar system price will vary depending on the type, installation cost, and number of solar panels used. Additional components include a battery storage system, inverter, wire, and others. On average, a 30kW solar system panel price in India is anywhere from 13,00,000 to Rs. 38,00,000 INR or more. You can also get government incentives or rebates to offset the financial burden of going solar.
|30kW Solar System Cost
30kW On-grid solar system
|30kW Off-grid solar system
|30kW Hybrid solar system
Key specifications of a 30kW solar panel system:
|– 120 kWh of electricity per day
– 3,600 kWh of electricity per month
– 43,200 kWh of electricity per year
|An area of 180 square feet is needed for the installation of a 30kW solar system.
Types of a 30kW Solar System
There are three main types of 30kW solar systems:
- On-grid 30kW Solar System (with grid export)
- Off-grid 30kW Solar System (with battery backup)
- Hybrid 30kW Solar System (solar battery storage with grid connection)
30kW On-Grid Solar System Specification
In an on-grid framework, the 30kW solar system is tied to the grid and allows the property owner to use grid electricity in addition to solar electricity. When your business uses less than what your solar panels are generating, the system sends excess electricity to the grid for solar credits.
A grid-tied inverter converts the DC power from the panels into AC power that can be used by the home or business and fed back into the grid. It also consists of a monitoring system that tracks the system’s performance in real-time.
30kW Off-Grid Solar System Specification
A 30kW off-grid solar system is designed to operate independently of the electrical grid. It provides a reliable source of electricity for homes or businesses located in areas without access to the grid.
A large battery storage system is included in an off-grid framework to store excess electricity generated by the panels. It also includes a charge controller to manage the flow of electricity between the panels, battery storage, and inverter. Cables and wiring connect all the components of the system. A professional solar installer can provide an estimated cost of an off-grid 30kW solar system with battery storage.
30kW Hybrid Solar System Specification
A 30kW hybrid solar system combines an on-grid and off-grid solar system. The hybrid system allows you to store the surplus solar electricity and send any unused electricity back to the grid. This type of system typically includes approximately 100-120 panels, each rated at 300-360 Watts, to produce a total capacity of 30,000-36,000 Watts. Also, it includes a hybrid inverter that can work with both solar and grid power.
It also has a device that regulates the flow of electricity from the panels to the battery and ensures that the battery is not overcharged. Wiring and electrical components such as breakers, fuses, and switches connect the components of the system. A 30kW hybrid solar system’s price and specification may vary depending on the manufacturer and the location where it is installed.
30kW Solar Panel System Facts
- A 30kW solar system can generate up to 30 kilowatts per hour.
- This solar system can increase the value of a property and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
- A 30kW solar system has a one-time investment and low-cost maintenance.
- 30kW solar systems, which consist of panels with a lifespan of 25-30 years, also include a 25-year of performance warranty.
- On average, a 30kW solar system typically requires between 80-100 solar panels, each with a capacity of 360-400 watts.
30kW Solar System Installation Cost in India
The 30kW solar panel system price in India depends on several factors, including the location, the components used, and the cost of labour. Generally, 30kW solar system prices in India can range from INR 13 lakhs to INR 24 lakhs or more, before any government incentives.
It’s important to consider the upfront cost and the long-term savings that can be achieved through reduced energy bills. Installing a 30kW solar system in India can be a cost-effective way to cut overhead costs and become energy efficient.
30kW Solar System Subsidy in India
In India, there are government incentive programs available to help reduce the 30kW solar panel system price in India. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) offers fixed subsidy amounts for rooftop solar installations throughout India
|Rooftop Solar System Capacity
|Applicable Subsidy (₹)
|Up to 3kW
|Above 3kW and up to 10kW
|Note: *₹18,000/kW for the first 3kW and ₹9,000/kW for the rest of the capacity up to 10kW.
**The subsidy amount is fixed for rooftop solar systems above 10kW capacity.
30kW Solar Panel System Price in India with Subsidy
|30kW Solar Plant Price
|Prices After Subsidy
30kW On-grid solar system
30kW Off-grid solar system
|30kW Hybrid solar system
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a 30kW solar system?
A 30kW solar system is a photovoltaic (PV) system that generates electricity using solar panels. It has a capacity of 30 kilowatts and can be used to power homes, businesses, or other facilities.
How much electricity can a 30kW solar system generate?
The amount of electricity that a 30kW solar system can generate depends on the location, weather conditions, orientation, and tilt of the solar panels. It can generate approximately 35-40 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity per day.
What is the lifespan of a 30kW solar system?
The lifespan of a 30kW solar system can vary, but most solar panels are rated to last 25-30 years with proper maintenance. The other components of the system, such as the inverter, battery, charge controller, and mounting system, typically have a shorter lifespan of 10-15 years.
How much does a 30kW solar system cost?
The cost of a 30kW solar system depends on factors such as location, requirement, and labour. On average, installing a 30kW solar system can range from ₹13,20,000 to ₹23,40,000.
Are solar systems eligible for government incentives?
The government of India offers incentivizes residential adoption of solar PV systems through the National Portal for Rooftop Solar. If you are considering solar to reduce the cost of electricity for a housing community or building, you can avail subsidy to lower your 30kW solar system price.