Solar panels come in various sizes and wattages, and a 200-watt solar panel in India is an option that strikes a balance between power output and affordability. These panels are a good choice for people looking for a low-cost, clean energy source.
Depending on your energy requirements, a 12v solar panel of 200w can become your primary power source in a remote location or a valuable addition to cut your monthly electricity bill.
As the need for clean energy grows, 200-watt solar panels will be used more and more. This shift toward green energy resources will lead the world toward a more sustainable lifestyle.
Benefits of 200-Watt Solar Panels
Solar power is a rapidly growing industry, and as technology becomes more advanced and affordable, more people are looking to invest in solar energy for their homes and businesses. The benefits of solar panels are:
Solar can help you save money on energy bills. Solar power allows you to reduce your utility grid use and save money on your monthly energy costs. The savings from solar panels can add up over time and often cover your initial 200-watt solar panel price in India.
Using a 200-watt solar panel also has a positive impact on the environment. Solar energy is a clean, renewable source that produces no harmful emissions. Installing solar panels is one way to help the planet and work toward a more sustainable future.
200-watt 12 v solar panels are versatile and suitable for different applications, such as homes, businesses, and remote areas where connecting to a power grid isn’t feasible. In addition, they can be modified or designed to fit different situations. For example, you can increase or decrease the number of panels to achieve varying energy needs.
If you’re considering a solar plate 200-watt price, you would want to ask about the cost of keeping your panels in their best shape. Fortunately, solar panels require little to no maintenance. A solar module has no moving parts, eliminating the possibility of mechanical failure. The main maintenance tasks involve periodic cleaning and professional inspection of the mounting hardware and electrical connections, as advised by your solar installer.
Unlike generators and other power-generating systems, 200-watt 24-volt solar panels do not produce noise during energy generation. Solar panels harness the sun’s energy to produce energy, and no mechanical system is involved in the working of the panels.
With the help of a 200-watt solar panel system, you can use less electricity from the grid and become more energy independent. For every unit of solar energy used, you use less and less of conventional energy sources, especially the power grid. The long-term cost of using solar energy is significantly lower than the utility bills you pay annually.
Grid-Tied or Off-Grid Flexibility
The 200-watt 24-volt solar panels can be used in grid-tied and off-grid systems, providing flexibility based on your needs and preferences. Grid-tied systems allow you to sell excess energy back to the grid, while off-grid systems are equipped with solar batteries to keep you powered in remote locations.
Increased Property Value
Installing a 200-watt solar panel system can increase the value of your home because potential buyers may be interested in long-term energy savings and reduced carbon footprint. In many cases, solar panels can have a positive return on investment when selling your property.
Adaptable and Scalable
Solar panels of any wattage are easy to change or scale up to meet your changing energy needs. You can add more panels to your existing system if you need more power. This modularity makes solar panels a flexible and future-proof solution for various applications.
Working of a 200-Watt Solar Panel
A 200-watt solar panel works by converting sunlight into electricity through photovoltaic cells. The forum contains numerous cells made of silicon, a semiconducting material. Electrons are knocked loose when sunlight hits the cells, creating an electrical current. This direct current (DC) is converted to alternating current (AC) by an inverter suitable for appliances and devices.
Factors Affecting the Price
The 200w solar panel price in India can vary significantly depending on factors such as:
- Brand and manufacturer
- Quality of materials and components
- Efficiency and performance
- Warranty and after-sales support
- Installation and additional equipment costs
On average, India’s 200w solar panel price ranges from ₹6,000 to ₹12,000, though this may vary based on the abovementioned factors.
|200-watt panel type||Estimated Price range|
|Monocrystalline panels||₹ 8,000 to ₹ 9,000|
|Polycrystalline panels||₹ 7,000 to ₹ 8,000|
|Bifacial panels||Starts from ₹ 10,000|
**The actual 200-watt 12-volt solar panel prices may vary by 10% to 12% based on the location, number of panels needed, manufacturer, and other installation requirements.
While the 200-watt solar panel price is an important criterion in your solar journey, it’s also essential to consider the specifications to ensure it meets your requirements. Key specifications to evaluate the following:
- Panel Type: There are three main types of solar panels – monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin-film. Polycrystalline panels are more cost-effective but produce less energy than their monocrystalline counterparts. Monocrystalline is the right choice if you want to get more energy units per square foot and can pay a higher solar 200-watt price. Thin-film panels are the least efficient and cheapest option. Bifacial solar panels are the premium choice if you want to seriously invest in solar and exploit your location’s maximum solar potential.
- Panel Efficiency: Efficiency measures how effectively a solar panel can convert sunlight into electricity. Higher-efficiency panels generate more power per unit area, making them more space-efficient. The efficiency of a 200-watt solar panel typically ranges from 15% to 20%.
- Temperature Coefficient: The temperature coefficient indicates how the panel’s performance is affected by rising temperatures. Solar panels with a lower temperature coefficient perform better in high-temperature conditions, ensuring consistent output even during hot days.
- Dimensions and Weight: The size and weight of a 200-watt solar panel can impact the installation process and the amount of space needed. Ensure the panel’s dimensions and weight are compatible with your installation location.
- Warranty: A good contract can provide peace of mind and protect your investment. Look for a solar panel with an extended performance warranty (25 years or more) and a product warranty (10 years or more) to ensure you’re covered in defects or performance issues.
|Peak power||800 and 1000 watt/hour of electricity per day|
|Maximum Power Voltage||24,6V|
|Maximum Power Current||8,13A|
|Dimensions||1320 mm x 992 mm x 35 mm|
|Energy Efficiency||15% to 20%|
Balancing cost and quality is crucial when comparing 200w solar panel prices and specifications. Invest in a solar panel that offers the best value for money while meeting your energy needs and preferences.
Disadvantages of 12v Solar Panel 200w
While 200-watt solar panels offer several benefits, there are also some disadvantages.
- They may not generate enough power to meet the energy needs of larger households or businesses. Consumers with higher energy usage may want to consider solar panels with a 350 watts rating or above to set up a powerful solar energy system for their needs.
- Solar power generation depends on sunlight, which can be inconsistent due to weather conditions.
- Initial installation costs can be high, though long-term savings may offset this expense. The 12v mini solar panel price in India proves to be a more money-saving option than grid energy rates in the long run.
Requirement of a 200-Watt Solar Panel to Fulfill Power Needs
To determine if a 12v solar panel 200w can meet your power needs, you’ll need to figure out how much power you use daily:
- List all your electrical appliances and devices, their wattage, and the hours each is used per day.
- Multiply the wattage by the hours of use to find the daily energy consumption for each item.
- Add up all items’ daily energy consumption to get an overall figure.
Depending on where and how well it works, a 200-watt solar panel can produce between 800 and 1000-watt hours of electricity daily. Compare your daily energy consumption to this figure to determine if a 200-watt solar panel is sufficient for your needs.
A simple calculation can help you figure out how many solar panels of 200 watts capacity are needed to make up different solar system sizes.
1kW = 1000 watts/200 watts equals 5 panels. The table below provides the panel count of different system sizes using this calculation.
|Solar system capacity||Estimated Energy Output
|No. of 200-watt solar panel needed|
|1 kW||120 units||5|
|2 kW||240 units||10|
|3 kW||360 units||15|
|5 kW||600 units||25|
|7.5 kW||900 units||37|
|10 kW||1200 units||50|
Applications of a 200-Watt Solar Panel
200-watt 12-volt solar panels can be used for various applications, including:
- Residential solar power systems for tiny homes, cabins, camps, and RVs.
- Charging batteries in off-grid setups, such as camping or remote field operations.
- Supplementing grid-connected power systems to reduce energy costs.
- Providing backup power during outages or emergencies.
Subsidy for a 200-Watt 24-Volt Solar Panel
In India, the government offers fixed financial aid under the simplified solar subsidy scheme to households and housing societies that use solar energy. The solar subsidy program aims to make buying and setting up a grid-connected 200-watt 24-volt solar panel system cheaper.
Visit the National Portal for Rooftop Solar launched by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) for information on available subsidy rates and eligibility criteria. Eligible consumers can submit their subsidy applications online on the national portal as per the following per-kilowatt rates:
|Rooftop Solar System Capacity||Applicable Subsidy (₹)|
|Up to 3 kW||14,588/kW|
|Above 3 kW and up to 10 kW||7,294/kW*|
|Above 10 kW||94,822**|
|Resident Welfare Associations (RWA) / Group Housing Societies (GHS)||₹7,294/- per kW
For common facilities up to 500 kWp @ 10 kWp per house, with the upper limit being inclusive of individual rooftop plants already installed by individual residents in that GHS/RWA at the time of installation of RTS for common activity.
|Note: *₹14,588/kW for the first 3 kW and ₹7,294/kW for the rest of the capacity up to 10 kW.
**The subsidy amount is fixed for rooftop solar systems above 10 kW capacity.
It’s crucial to consider the factors that affect the price and the disadvantages of 200-watt 12-volt solar panels before making a purchase decision. You can choose a solar panel that best fits your requirements by balancing cost and quality and determining your power needs and preferences.
With the growing demand for clean energy and the increasing affordability of solar power, a 200-watt solar panel system is an excellent investment in a greener, more sustainable future.
How much room does a solar panel require?
A 200-watt solar panel typically measures around 1.4 square meters (15 square feet). You must ensure enough unshaded, south-facing roof space or ground area to accommodate the installation.
How long do solar panels last?
Most 200-watt 12-volt solar panels have a life expectancy of 25–30 years, though this can vary depending on the quality of the material used, installation, and maintenance requirements. Most companies fix system failures or defects during the warrantied period of 10–25 years.
Can I use a solar panel with 200 wattage rating with an existing power system?
Yes, a 200-watt solar panel can be added to an already-existing power system or used as part of a more extensive solar array. Talk to a solar expert to determine how to add the panel to your current system.
What other components are required for a system of 12v solar panel 200w?
An inverter is a key component in a solar energy system design. It changes the DC electricity that the solar panel makes into AC power. You will also need a charge controller to manage the charging of batteries (if opted for), a mounting system to securely set up the solar panel array, wiring, and connectors.
Can I install a 200-watt 12-volt solar panel system myself?
Even though you could install a 200-watt solar panel system on your own, it is usually best to hire a professional. They can ensure your system is installed correctly, follows the applicable quality standards and technical specifications, and works efficiently. If you wish to avail subsidy benefits, you must have your solar panel system installed by a vendor empanelled with your local DISCOM company.